Monday, December 5, 2011

How Many Times Can a Girl Start Over?

Oops, I did it again.  Had surgery, that is.  Turns out the mushrooms had taken over multiple sinus cavities, and the doctor had to go back in last week to dig 'em out.  And no, once again, I am not joking.
Learning that your frontal sinuses, in your forehead, are completely filled and swollen shut sure does explain the excruciating headaches, though!

I've been on steroids for weeks.
My body looks nothing like it used to.
And I was sick for EIGHT MONTHS.

But the moment I awoke from anesthesia, I knew it was over.  My life can start again!  My exercise regimen can start again (well, when the doctor clears me)!  I can breathe again!!!

So did I lose 10lbs?  No, I gained.  I am unsure how much I gained (we'll find out this coming Friday), but I know I did.  And I don't care, because I'm finally healthy!
Bring it on!  Whatever you wanna throw at me - BRING IT!

But I tell you what, I am so motivated to get back on track.  Weight Watchers introduced PointsPlus 2012 last week, decreasing my weekly Points+ allowance (hallelujah!), and allowing me to customize my plan in so many new and exciting ways.
Who's ready to get this party started?!  The "Sarah's gonna rock the plan and achieve her dream body" party?!

Here's to health.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you're finally well and excited about getting healthy again! I am trying BUT I'm having a hard time with all the holiday events, weddings, birthdays, etc. not to mention I have a cold right now. You're motivating me to do better though! I'm so relieved we have less points now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree - less points is SO much better! How many do you get? Mine went down to 26, and I decreased my weekly bonus allowance to 35, instead of 49. You can get through the holidays! Just keep your eye on the target :-)

    ReplyDelete