Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Losing for Treats!

I decided around 2pm today that I deserved a pedicure.  I always deserve a pedicure honestly, but today I really deserved one...for no particular reason.  I ditched spin (ohmygodno!), which is quite unlike me, left work a bit early, drove home in the beautiful sunshine, and walked to the new salon near my apartment, called Buff and Rubz.  And no, I'm not joking.  This is 100% for serious.  The place is actually called Buff and Rubz, and it sounds totally dirty.
They do nails and waxing and massage therapy all in this tiny place, that by the way smells like amazing aromatherapy, and the girls working there are absolute dolls!  Not to mention the prices are completely reasonable, and I get a free manicure for my birthday, which I can use any time during May.  Wa freaking hoo.  No really.  Wa freaking hoo!
I think that, whenever I reach a really fantastic goal, or am feeling wonderful about my progress (or maintenance in the future), I will treat myself with pampering!  Not too shabby, huh?

Afterward, I strolled home (happy as a clam of course), and prepped the kitchen for some fun cooking time.
Tonight I tried out Hoisin Pork and Snow Pea Stir-Fry, but swapped 1/2c. of jasmine rice for the rice noodles.  I just wasn't in a noodle mood, what can I say?  This dish would go equally well with chicken or beef in my opinion, but for the first try I decided to stick with pork.  And since I'm a bad little Jewish girl and have a love for bacon and ham and mixing meat with dairy (on the rare occasion that I actually eat dairy), I stuck with the pork.
Unfortunately, the pork was a bit tough (perhaps I overcooked it?), so next time I am using the chicken...or maybe beef.  Who knows!
Regardless, this recipe gets one and a half thumbs up from me.  Not the best I've ever had, but quite tasty!  I'm looking forward to my leftovers!  I don't usually eat meals that are more than 7 points, as I only get 20 per day and snacking is very important to me, but this one was worth it (and not too far over).
  •  Stir-Fry (excluding noodles or rice) = 6 points per cup
  • 1/2 cup rice = 2 points
I will also use the sauce but switch out the vegetables to mix it up a bit.  Who knows, maybe next time I'll have beef with broccoli and baby corn!  Ok that sounds good...I'm sold :)

2 comments:

  1. dudette-cook for me pls!!! Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime darlin'! We'll work out a good day some time in the next few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete