Monday, July 26, 2010

Another Countdown Begins!

My dad and brother have been in town for the past week and a half (they flew back to the US on Saturday morning)...so I haven't had much time to eat healthy or blog about it!
I feel like I lost quite a bit of muscle during their visit, and also like I put on about 80 pounds...the scale will reveal all in the morning.  I'm slightly nervous, not gonna lie.

But all's ok, because tomorrow starts a new week and a new goal!  Brian and I are going to Pulau Sibu with a group of friends the first weekend in November.  My close girlfriend told me Sunday that she wants to get her P90X routine into full spin so that she's uber close to her dream bod by the 3rd of September.  Sounds like an awesome goal to me!  And what better idea than to commit and finally reach my own goals alongside her?!

So there you have it.  The new countdown begins!  I want to have my goal body, my dream body, whatever weight that may be, by September 3rd.  I don't have far to go, and I know I can get there!  It's going to take a ton of hard work (like doubling the spin class schedule and really getting into this crunching pushuping thing!), and even more dedication.  But I know I can do this.  I know we all can do this!

Cross your fingers for tomorrow morning...the scale scares me.

And now, another 15 Minute Meal!

Way back when, I tried Gina's Thai Curry Sauce with some fish and rice, which was super yummy!  Well, lucky me I saved that delicious sauce (frozen in individual portions).
If you need something quick and easy on a busy week night, check this out!

Shrimp and Rice in Thai Coconut Curry Sauce - 6 Points
Adapted from Gina's WW Recipes

  • 3 oz frozen, cooked shrimp (2 points)
  • 1 serving Thai Coconut Curry Sauce (from Gina's recipe), thawed if frozen (2 points)
  • 1/2 cup steamed rice (2 points)
Thaw shrimp by placing them in a collander under cold running water for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the sauce in a saute pan over very low heat.  When the sauce is heated to your desired temperature and begins to thicken, stir in the thawed shrimp.  Cook the shrimp in the sauce, stirring often, until the shrimp are fully heated and cooked (approximately 2 to 3 minutes).  Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
Serve over rice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment