Thursday, July 8, 2010

Busy Weeks Call for Shorter Blogs!

I don't have much time tonight...we're leaving tomorrow for a weekend dive trip to Tioman and Aur, Malaysia!  But I need to report my Crunch Attack progress, and throw in some new recipe ideas!

So...Week 1 of Crunch Attack went well.  I'm not as crunchalicious as I thought I would be, but that will change in time.  Somehow managed to misplace my measuring thingie, so I'll report next week about my waist n' hips n' thighs :)

Weds:
50 crunches (30 center, 10 right side, 10 left side)
10 leg lifts
6 sun salutations (this was meant to be an arm workout)

Fri:
30 crunches (10x10x10)
10 tap n' rolls (these are tough and even tougher to explain...)

Sun:
50 crunches (30x10x10)
Mon:
2 center planks (30 sec. each); 2 side planks (30 sec. each side)
15 center crunches
30 cycle kicks (also tough to explain)

Week 1 Lessons Learned:
Any sort of ab workout or push-up attempt after spin class is ROUGH

So this week I'm not upping the anty - just continuing the effort.  Go me ;)

 ______________________________

I've been slacking on the new recipes and cooking lately, so this week I decided to try something new!

BBQ Chicken with Sauteed Veggies - 4 Points
From Cooking Light


 I got this BBQ Chicken recipe from CookingLight.com (a great website with tons of fabulous recipes!).  Here I served it with sauteed veggies, but it would go quite well with potatoes, cole slaw, or a salad.  I included a side of baked beans (1/2 cup = 2 Points) for some added protein and yummy flavor!

For the veggies:
Heat a skillet over medium heat; spray with olive oil spray.  Add your favorite chopped veggies, sprinkle with Kosher salt, and cook until desired doneness.
This week I chose onion, zucchini, and carrots.  Dee-lish!

No comments:

Post a Comment