Sunday, January 30, 2011

Lemon-Sauteed Green Beans with Parsley

I can finally walk like a normal person!  It's AMAZING.  As of this morning, there was no pain and no tightness in my calves, and I've got a spring in my step.  Clearly this got me uber excited for some healthy cooking.  Digging into the fabulous Weight Watchers cookbook (courtesy of my amazing friend Lauren), I found this tart green bean recipe and couldn't wait to dig in.
I left my beans long, and used dried parsley rather than fresh; I do think this would taste even better with fresh herbs, though.  When subbing dried herbs for fresh, you want to quarter what the recipe calls for.


Makes 4 servings
Points+ value:  1
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 pound green beans, cut into 2-inch lengths
  • 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 2 Tbsp water
In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the oil.  Saute the beans until bright green, about 3 minutes; add the parsley.  Cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes.  Stir in the lemon juice and water.  Reduce the heat and cook, covered, 2-3 minutes.  Uncover and cook, stirring frequently, until the beans are crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment