Monday, March 15, 2010

Dear Sarah, we need a break. Love, Your Liver

The best way to put it is this:  Singapore is like one huge vacation where I also have to work.  Lately I feel like I've been reliving my college days (except I now kind of suck at it), and after some serious thought, Brian and I have decided to detox for awhile.  That's right - no booze.  None whatsoever.  I'm really, extremely, hard-core stoked about this, not only because I'm going to feel great but because my body will LOVE ME.  This means that, rather than saving those extra 35 points each week for wine and vodka tonics, I can go out to eat with Brian and friends and splurge on something that I really love!  Like those Soffiatos at Riccioti...oh my I'm salivating just thinking about it!!!  (they're the amazing and rich, gooey, oozing, chocolate lava cakes, served with a scoop of homemade vanilla chocolate chip gelato)

As you can see, I've been in a bit of a...funk.  I weigh in tomorrow, and I really hope that graph takes a nose dive!
 
I've been super good this week about tracking.  TRACK TRACK TRACK!  The weekend was a tough one, since we had the ANZA Charity Ball...but I think I did really well! (Despite the excessive champagne...and red wine...and vodka red bull...and that one Jager bomb.  You do see why I'm detoxing right???)  And this next week is going to be even better!  I can feel it :)

Today I'm completely zonked, and really not in the mood for a cooking ordeal.  I decided to make one of my quickest and most favorite fish recipes (Baked Garlic Lemon Snapper), along with a microwave-steamer veggie packet.
If you've never been "introduced" to Gina, she is my savior.  This woman comes up with the most delectable and healthy dishes I have ever had!  She inspires me to cook, and to cook what's good for me!
Gina's recipe calls for tilapia, but I always sub a fish fillet that we get in Singapore called Cream Snapper.  I have no idea what it is - but it's yummy!

(I tell myself the garlic turned green not because of the parsley, but in recognition that it is in fact St. Patrick's week...and all things should clearly be green.  Clearly.)

This week is jam-packed with healthy.  Tomorrow I've got Hatha Yoga, Wednesday is Mambo Spin, Thursday is Body Tone, Friday I'm going to do something (suggestions?), Saturday we have Dragon Boat Races!!!...and Sunday I'm taking a break, meeting Dana for coffee, and getting a mani/pedi before attending a carpet auction and hitting up the local nursery.  PS reading that last bit makes me realize that I lead a strangely odd, yet dully exciting, life.

No comments:

Post a Comment