Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Slow Down! You're Losing Too Fast!

Wow!  I don't even know where to begin with all that has happened this past week...it's been hella busy!  For starters (and since I know all of you are desperately awaiting my results from last week's weigh-in), I lost one pound last week, putting me at 139!  Go me  :)

I made one of my most favorite meals on Thursday night!  Amy's California Veggie Burger and some crinkle-cut French fries.  All said and done, the whole meal is a whopping SEVEN Points!  That's it!  Freaking love it.

So then on Saturday morning, I had a totally different kind of activity.  If you've never heard of Dragon Boating, you should definitely check this out.  My company has an annual Dragon Boat competition for employees and their families, so Brian and I decided to participate.  After a rough 2-hour training session last Saturday, we were semi-prepared for the race.  Holy shit.  I don't even know what else to say.  Holy shit!  Paddling is fun, but it's WORK (especially when it's raining on you for 4 straight hours).  An actual race will last anywhere between one and two minutes...our best time was 1 minute 36 seconds, and that was super tough!  We made it to the semis, so I paddled in three heats.  I'm considering joining the American team for practice on occasional Saturday afternoons (maybe?  I think I'm too busy...should I really drop another load of crap on my already mammoth pile of activities?!  ...maybe?) .  What a workout.
Brian took the pictures on his new fancy camera, so as soon as I get em you'll see em!

I didn't really get to experiment with new recipes this week...I'm so busy with my workout routine, and aside from Gina's Shepherd's Pie on Tuesday (which was slightly bland but still good, and fed me all week), I basically did no cooking.  I literally had a dinner on Saturday night consisting of two cookies and a bowl of cereal.  Awesome.

I was totally excited for this morning's weigh-in.  I just feel skinny.  Have you ever just felt skinny?!  It's an amazing feeling.  So...(drum roll please)...I lost 2.5 pounds this week.  HELL YES!  (Now visualize Sarah doing the "I rock at life" dance)  I do have to give some props to Weight Watchers for this one, and to myself (clearly), because I managed to track everything I ate, every single day this week.  I'm slightly proud of myself!

As you can see, Sunday was my mega-splurge day - and I loved every minute of it!  I cannot get enough Japanese Yakitori, I swear it!  Too bad it's 5 Points per stick!  Gah!
Unfortunately, Weight Watchers yelled at me this morning when I entered my weight online.  I lost too much too fast, which is true (especially since I don't have much to lose).  So this coming week I'm shooting for a pound, maybe 1.5 (we'll just see what happens!).

And just to throw this out there, as a little bit of brag time (ok a little more brag time)...this is the skinniest I have ever been.  Ever.  It's a truly amazing feeling and I am so happy that I've finally reached this point!  For anyone out there who is struggling or has struggled with weight loss - you can do this!
I have no idea what I'll weigh or what size I'll wear when I reach my goal, because I've never been there before!  But I think I know how I will feel when I reach it.  And when I get there, I'll let y'all know :)

1 comment:

  1. Good job, girl!

    I like that Weight Watchers yells at you. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete