Thursday, March 25, 2010

A New Home for My Food

Body Tone tonight was awesome!  There were maybe only half of us in there, which is odd, but I am SO glad I made it there!  Traffic from work was killer today, because some idiot decided that closing the right turn lane onto the only highway connected to the island where I work at rush hour was a good idea.  Idiots.  So anyway, I made it there in time, missed about 30 seconds of warm-up, and got right into it.  Whew!  And the best part - I had to stop mid-workout and add more weights.  Martin, the instructor, looked at me, smiled, and said, "That's right, good girl!"  It's incredible how amazing I feel right now - to have worked so hard, and put in the effort not only to lose the weight but to gain the muscle!

On another note, those of you who read my other blog (it's private, if you want in shoot me an email) fully comprehend my refrigerator situation.  It's ridiculous.  After my first fridge crapped out, I thought my cheap ass bastard of a landlord would suck it up and put a normal-sized refrigerator in my three bedroom apartment.  Negatory.
Just to give you a better idea...this is my current fridge (don't worry all you married kids - you're on the side; engaged gets the front):

This is me standing next to my current fridge (yes, that is a check from the universe - read The Secret and you'll get it):

And this is how much food fits into my current fridge:

Yeah...NO.  So I went ahead and dropped the S$342 for that additional fridge at Best.  I'll have it on Sunday, and on Sunday my condiments, beers, and other seldom-used items will have a new humble abode.  Thank God for that!
PS I'm really psyched about this.  You may think it's lame to be jumping up and down about a fridge, but seriously people...mine is INFINITESSIMAL!

Since I didn't get home until after 7:30, it had to be a quick-meal evening.  I dug into my old Weight Watcher's cookbook for an idea, and wham!  Perfect!  Check it...

Grilled Chicken with Raspberries and Greens
From Everyone Loves Chicken




Points = 4 per serving
Serving Size = 1 piece chicken with about 2 cups salad
Yield = 4 Servings

  • 4 (4-5 ounce) thin-sliced chicken breast cutlets
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme
  • 1/4 + 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
  • 2 Tbsp raspberry vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp finely chopped shallots
  • 1 Tbsp all-fruit raspberry preserves
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1 (4-ounce) package mixed salad greens
  • 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
  1. Sprinkle the chicken evenly with the thyme, the 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp of the pepper.  Spray a nonstick ridged grill pan (I used a small grill similar to a George Foreman) with nonstick spray and set over high heat.  Add the chicken and cook until browned on the outside and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side.
  2. Meanwhile, combine the vinegar, shallots, preserves, oil, and the remaining 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper in a large bowl.  Add the greens and toss to coat with the dressing.
  3. Arrange a chicken breast on each of 4 serving plates; surround each with one-quarter of the salad and garnish with the raspberries.
YUM!  I halved the recipe, but I accidentally used the full Tbsp of preserves...and it tastes great!

No comments:

Post a Comment