Monday, June 7, 2010

Getting Back on the Horse

My favorite woman in the world recently commented.  She wants more Smuggling Budgies, and asked what's in store for us next.  Well, I have no idea.  May was a month full of travel, restaurants, and fun.  But it was also a month lacking routine, tracking, and motivation.  When you spend a weekend in Thailand, the following weekend celebrating your birthday, the weekend after that showing your boyfriend's family the sights (and eats) of Singapore, and the next week trekking Beijing and The Great Wall, it's a bit tough to stick with it!

So here I am, having fallen from my horse - I'm ready to get back on.  Weigh-in is tomorrow morning, and I have no idea what's in store!  The second to last weight was 135 (up 2lbs from pre-Phuket), but last week was 134.  Considering the events of the past three weeks, I'll take 134 any day!  I am fairly certain tomorrow morning's result will be in the 135 range - this past weekend was none other than a food-fest.

And although I got back on track today, counted every single thing I ate, and am ready to start this week, I'm struggling to find a new goal.  I am a girl of goals!  I want something to work for!
On the one hand, my dad and brother will be here in just over a month.  They're flying all the way from Houston and arrive in Singapore the evening of July 14th.  We leave for Bali, Indonesia on July 19th, so I'd say that's a pretty kickass motivator.  But somehow it just doesn't do the same thing as Phuket and a tiny bikini.

So what's next?  What should I work for?  How about working to reach the goal I've always had, but never reached?  Regardless of what the scale says tomorrow morning, I am ready to commit to this (again) and stay on track through June and the first half of July.  The week my family is here will be full of good eats, but that's ok.
If at that point I've reached my goal, I'll work on maintaining.  If not, I'll keep on trucking along!

It's your comments, your phone calls, your emails, and your love that keeps me inspired.  Please continue to send me updates, and send me your own progress so that I can brag about your successes.

No comments:

Post a Comment