Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Sick Diet?

I realize it's been ages since my last post, and I'm truly sorry about that.  Last weekend (like 10 days ago) I got sick.  Mega sick.  I don't come down with things often, but when I do it's like hell freezes over and all life stops.  Not to mention I get incredibly needy and I groan about everything.  I'm just lucky that my mother has to love me no matter what - otherwise she would have given me away ages ago!
I'm not sure why Brian stuck around and took such amazing care of me for those 4 days, but he did, and I'm grateful!

So...needless to say, I didn't exactly count points, track anything, cook anything, or feel like blogging.  Then from playing catch-up at work, still feeling a bit weak, attempting to get back into the gym, and also attempting to eat healthy, the last thing I wanted to do at home was turn on my lappy.  Not happening.

When I weighed in last Tuesday morning, not at all surprised to see a low number on the scale (tends to happen when one hasn't eaten in three days), it stared back at me with a beautiful 131.5!  Thank you to Brian for reminding me that it was "the sick diet".  Well, I don't love the sick diet, because that number simply means that I feel like poop, I'm dehydrated, my body needs nutrients, and if I poke around I'll feel soft and squishy.  Yes.  Soft and squishy, people.  That's what your stomach and arms and quads and butt feel like if you poke them after missing the gym for a week or two...yick!

So what was my goal for last week?  Maintain that 131.5 while regaining my strength, eating healthy, and making my way back into the gym!  And you know what?  I did it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment