Monday, November 1, 2010

Salmon Croquettes

Tonight's dinner was my own spin on a recipe I discovered online.  I've never thought about canned salmon (in fact I probably didn't know it existed) until I saw this recipe.  Poor, poor Brian.  He refuses to eat anything with salmon, and he severely missed out on one of the most delicious and easy meals I've had in a long time!

I had my croquettes with a mixed greens salad and aged balsamic vinegar.

The finished product, ready for consumption!

My first bite - I'm excited to see how it tastes!

Mmm!  So Good!


Salmon Croquettes - 7 Points
Adapted from MyRecipes.com 
Yields 4 servings, 2 croquettes per serving


For the Croquettes:
  • 2 Tbsp low-fat Greek style yogurt
  • 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 cup scallions, finely chopped
  • 2 Tbsp red bell pepper, minced
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/3 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
  • 12 oz canned pink salmon
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
  • 1 Tbsp canola oil
For the sauce:
  • 2 Tbsp low-fat Greek style yogurt
  • 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tsp Dijon mustard (or more to taste)
  • 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1 tsp capers, finely chopped
  • 1/2 tsp minced garlic
  • salt, to taste
Combine all but last two ingredients for croquettes (through egg), stirring well.  Add panko; toss.
Shape mixture into 8 patties.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add patties and cook 5 minutes on each side, or until browned.
(I cooked the first side for 5 minutes, and the other side for 3).

Meanwhile, combine ingredients for sauce, stirring well.

Remove patties from oil and pat dry with a paper towel.  Serve immediately with sauce and a tasty balsamic salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment