Monday, November 1, 2010

Spooktacular Weekend!

As we all know, Halloween means candy, trick-or-treaters, and if you're a grownup - parties.  Loads of parties.  So when I looked at the calendar and realized I had parties on both Friday and Saturday, it was important to plan ahead for easy and healthy meals.
Both Brian and I love a good bowl of soup after a full night of drinking, so my idea to make Quick Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch on Sunday was very well received!

Saturday night was the Halloween Party Hopper - a coach-style bus lugging 45 awesomely dressed partiers from bar to bar.  Not only did we receive welcome drinks at each venue (and free flow at one!), but the organizers did an amazing job of stocking bottles of vodka infused something to pour down our throats while en route to the next spot.  Needless to say, Brian and I made it until 2am (early in Singapore) and decided to go home.  By some miracle I didn't have a hang over on Sunday, but the soup was still an amazing idea ;)
Brian definitely enjoyed it!

In case you're wondering, we dressed as Mia Wallace and Vincent Vega from Pulp Fiction...and we looked fabulous!  (I don't smoke - it was a prop that lasted all of 30 minutes until someone smoked it)

Oh, and here's the soup (5 Points per serving).  I froze the leftovers; I'm sure they'll come in handy for the next hang over!

No comments:

Post a Comment