Saturday, February 12, 2011

Scrumptious Blueberry Parfait


I always keep low fat granola and frozen fruit* in my house - they are staples that keep me full and work perfectly for nibbles.  They also work perfectly when I'm craving a parfait!  I'm an eater - I actually enjoy chewing my food.  So when I buy things that are smooth, I usually add something crunchy to the mix.  On the odd occasion that I eat yogurt by itself, I always get yogurt with chunks of real fruit.  Otherwise I don't feel as though I'm actually eating!  That's what perfects the parfait - you add smooth and creamy to deliciously crunchy, top it off with fruit, and voila!  Magnifique!

Makes 1 serving
Points+ value: 6
  • 6oz Yoplait Light Blueberry Yogurt (or other brand)
  • 1/4 cup low fat granola
  • 1/2 cup frozen blueberries (or fresh)
Layer ingredients into a cup or bowl as you like and enjoy!  Mix up the flavors by changing the fruit and yogurt flavor, or by substituting flavored granola and vanilla or plain yogurt.  (Note this may affect Points+).

*I find it best to run cold water over the frozen fruit to remove the ice buildup, then add them to your dish immediately, still frozen.  They thaw quickly, won't get mushy, and taste so good cold!

1 comment:

  1. I have a parfait recipe that is a little lighter but don't know what is available to you. Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla is only 2 points for between 6 and 9 oz. At 10oz it gets to 3 points. So I use 1 cup of yogurt. I found a great tasting granola "back to nature" brand, cranberry Pecan flavor. For 1/4 C it is only 2 points. These are points plus calculations. Then the fruit is free... Total of a very large filling serving meeting the milk requirement for only 4 pointsplus points.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete