Thursday, February 24, 2011

What a Week!

This has been one hell of a successful week.  Why, you ask?  Well...!

For starters, I went back to training.  Ok, yeah, whatever.  I know you're disappointed in me, upset, think I'm a moron, whatever.  To be honest, I missed training, I missed my trainer, and I can't put the blame entirely on her.  I'm the girl who didn't say "ouch" when my calves were in excruciating pain.  So after a good long discussion, she and I have come up with a great way of moving forward.  So far so good!
And did I mention that I completed an entire spin class on Wednesday...with zero pain?  Rock on sista!

On March 5th I'm squeezing into a beautiful Asian-style ball gown for the annual George Washington Ball.  We are some high-rollers, people.  The theme is "Diamonds and White Tie".  You can bet your butt Brian will be in white tie...not so much diamonds for me.  If you think this is silly and I should wear the diamonds, please feel free to send me some.  I will gladly accept and wear them.
The problem?  I bought said beautiful gown in September, when I weighed 130 pounds.  Whoops!  Yes, the dress zips, and yes, it still looks fabulous.  But I would so very much like to breathe, and I would definitely like to eat!  So I'm on a mission - eating like a super healthy freak this week and next, and Juliana is doing nothing but perfecting my abs, arms, and shoulders for the event.  Plus, we're just too scared to work my legs at this point.  Upper body it is!

My cooking has noticeably improved, and I'm not actually sure why.  This week's accomplishments include Sauteed Shrimp and Zucchini, Dijon Roasted New Potatoes, and the most incredibly savory and melt-in-your-mouth-delicious Asparagus, Bacon, and Cheese Strata.  Dear lord those were some good meals!
Who knows, maybe my cooking's improved so that I can make the world's most amazing meal with my NEW LE CREUSET!!!


Isn't he handsome?!
Aren't they gorgeous?


Oh yeah, that's right...my adorable, caring, funny, intelligent, and incredibly thoughtful boyfriend gave me a new gadget for Valentine's Day!  And of course a bouquet of my favorite flowers too :)


I'm giving myself a massive pat on the back, and I'm crossing my fingers that tomorrow's weigh-in provides brag-worthy results.

No comments:

Post a Comment