Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Teriyaki-Marinated Whatever You Want!

Last week I had a bunch of chicken in the fridge, but I wasn't sure what to do with it.  So I busted out the good old Weight Watchers cookbook for the perfect marinade.  The Teriyaki Marinade recipe jumped out at me, and I had every ingredient in my kitchen - what more could you ask for?

You could use this marinade on anything - chicken, steak, pork, fish.  Whatever!  I also recommend drizzling it as a sauce after your dish has finished cooking.  Marinating your meat/fish for at least one hour will ensure a fork-tender entree with superb flavor.  Another idea is to toss all of the marinade in a large ziploc and marinate with multiple servings of chicken breast (or other meat of your choice).  When it's ready, cook up what you want and freeze the remaining pieces.  You'll have perfectly marinated Teriyaki meals ready to thaw and cook!

Teriyaki  Sauce / Marinade
Makes 6 servings (1 1/2 Tbsp each)
Points+ = 1
  • 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 1 Tbsp honey
  • 3 Tbsp orange juice (I used fresh squeezed, but either would be fine)
  • 1 Tbsp packed dark brown sugar
  • 1 tsp Asian (dark) sesame oil
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 Tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger (for a less potent ginger flavor, use old ginger, rather than young)
In a small jar with tight-fitting lid, combine all the ingredients; cover and shake well.

No comments:

Post a Comment