Monday, April 12, 2010

Green Beans with Tomatoes and Garlic

I make String Beans with Garlic all the time, but I've been looking for a good way to mix things up (and lighten things up a bit).  Then I found something on Plan To Eat that got me thinking!  What about tomatoes???  It's shocking, I know!  Sarah...eating tomatoes?!
Thanks to Brian, I eat 'em!  Definitely not raw - eew.  But cooked, bring it!

Adapted from Gina's Weight Watcher's Recipes - String Beans with Garlic and Oil (see link above)
Servings:  4
Points:  1 per serving
  • 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2-4 cloves garlic, slivered (depending on your taste)
  • cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (use however many you want!)
  • salt and freshly ground pepper
Steam green beans until tender; remove from pot and briefly run under cool water.
Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet; saute garlic and tomatoes.  Shut off flame, add green beans, and toss to coat.  Season with salt and pepper.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment