Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sweaty is the New Sexy?

Work has been super stressful for the past couple weeks (like it's turning me into a psycho).  This could definitely be a bad thing, considering Sarah = Stress Eater (maybe now Stress Eating Psycho, but whatever).  But do you know what is so wonderful about my life these days?  I take that stress, and I spin it into something positive.  I use it as motivation to eat healthier, work out harder, and even relax!  If there is anything I can offer from these past weeks at work, and I have spent a hell of a lot of time at work, it's this:  don't let the stress get you down.  Use the stress to motivate, to inspire!

I weighed in on Tuesday morning....dun dun dunnnnnnn

135.5!
Dude, seriously?!  Yes, seriously!  I'm so happy and so proud of myself!  Two pounds down this week, and I even went to Morton's Steakhouse!  I'm sorry, but rib eyes are like the best tasting, fattiest piece of cow on the planet.  Bragging rights?  I think so!
I finally made it to the gym tonight for the first time since body tone last Thursday.  Let's just say spin was ROUGH.  There's no better way to describe it.  I was struggling, panting, dripping with sweat. But now I feel amazing.
So now I want you to imagine what I looked like immediately after class.  Really picture it - drenched, hair all over the place (not to mention stuck to my forehead), purplish reddish splotchy face.  Yeah, so attractive.
The greatest and best compliment I have ever received was tonight, and no one said a single thing to me.
I got checked out at the gym.  Not once, not twice, but three times, by three different men - looking like that!  Shocking.
I realize that this is the braggiest bragging post you have ever read, but if my week could spin around like that, it should help everyone out there alter their perception during times of stress.

Take that stress, and flip it around to something good!  Work it out!

Last but not least, I demand that every single one of you buy two things on your next trip to the grocery store - cake mix and angel food cake mix.  No I'm not joking.
I found this "recipe" on Gina's quick snack ideas page, tried it for the first time tonight, and I'm in HEAVEN!

1 box Angel Food cake mix
1 box any other flavor cake mix

Mix it all together, store it in an air-tight container.  When you want a sweet snack, scoop 1/4 cup into a coffee mug, add 2 Tbsp water, stir it up, and microwave on high for 1 minute.
WHOA!  So freaking good!
1/4 cup with 2 Tbsp water = 2 pts
1/3 cup with 3 Tbsp water = 3 pts

This time I used lemon cake mix - light, fluffy, slightly tart but totally delicious.  I desperately want to try strawberry.  Please send me strawberry cake mix!  Singapore doesn't have any!!!  Gah!

Over and out. 

1 comment:

  1. The new recipe sounds interesting. And you're motivating me. I need to stop putting off until I get home and do something. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete