Tuesday, April 6, 2010

You Win Some, You Lose Some

I'll start by saying that Bali was amazingly fantastic, and every person on the planet should make it there at least once in their life.  But I'll also say that the quantity of booze and delectable food is hard core and it would be tough for even the most committed of weight watchers to follow the plan while vacationing in this lovely part of Indonesia.

Photo courtesy of my friend Ellen - taken during our drive from Jimbaran Bay to Tulamben

I step on the scale this morning, eyes closed but slightly peeped open as if I'm watching a gory movie, crossing my fingers and muttering to myself, "Please oh please oh please MAINTAIN!"
Mother trucker.  137.5.  Great.  Fanfreakingtastic.  Awesome.  So then of course I start beating myself up over this measly little one-pound addition to my gut, only to realize that's no way to learn from this, and I alter my perception to one of lesson-learning and motivation for next week.
Then I spent the better part of the morning coming up with all of the different excuses I could give to my blog readers about why I didn't weigh in this week - a simple attempt to keep you all from knowing about my tiny blip.
Yeah, that would have been silly anyway.  So I sit here, Sarah Koopersmith of Singapore, attempting to lose weight and look hot in a bikini, admitting to the world that I was unable to maintain a weight of 136.5 pounds while living it up in Bali for three days.  I'm fairly certain all will be ok, and life will go on as usual.

This week, however, it's on like freaking Donkey Kong!
I will track every day.
I will eat all of my fruits and veggies.
I will work out harder and longer.
I will lose at least one pound.
I will stay motivated and inspired.
And damnit I WILL enjoy every minute of every day!

So there you have it.  Take that, excess flab!  I'm kicking you to the curb.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy every minute of every day. That is the most important one! go for it. You are amazing and did so well while on holiday in Bali. Hats off.Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saaaarrraaaah! I'm so stinkin' proud of you! Knowing what we both know about each other, I must say, you turn my head to a greater possibility of losing weight than anyone else could. I know we haven't physically seen each other in a while, but I can tell you I'm WELL OVER what your heaviest has ever been. I'm sure right about now you have that confused look on your face followed by the "Whatever, shut up" face ;) It's true.

    Nonetheless, I knew you were working on weight loss, but I didn't realize the details of how far you had gone into this. I'm so so proud! I'm so excited to follow you in this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KB, you are the sweetest thing ever! I'm so glad that you enjoy reading, and I thank you so much for your kind words!

    I hope that we can keep each other motivated and that Henry enjoys reading as well. I love grabbing your recipes, and reading about your adventures! Keep it up, and I'll do the same!

    PS I do totally have the "Whatever, shut up" face. Totally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I've totally been sharing your progress with Henry! He's VERY impressed :) Also...for further motivation...my cousin Ashlee got engaged last night! Now it's REALLY time to pump up the volume on this weight loss. I'm trying to go slow, but I think I lost a pound or two this last week.

    Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete