Saturday, April 24, 2010

You've Got Some Smooth Moves!

So far so good this weekend!  Yesterday I got to leave work early, and I took that as an opportunity to veg out on my couch!
After a good hour of Heath Ledger in A Knight's Tale I decided to hit the gym and actually make something of my Friday evening.  I absolutely love my walk to the gym...it gives me a chance to clear my head, pump myself up, and enjoy the extreme humidity surrounding me on a daily basis.  No but seriously, I get to walk along the Singapore River, which is actually quite beautiful when I'm not listening to jackhammers, and it's a nice experience.

First of all, the girls at the front desk now officially know me.  I walk up, they greet me, they know my name, they know the classes I take, they think I'm sweet.  This makes me feel happy.
Second, I now rock at the elliptical machine.  Freaking sweet!  I upped the level, I went faster, I worked harder.  It was AWESOME!
After dropping too much money in the bookstore (and snagging Avatar on BluRay), I decided to trudge home in the rain.  I shouldn't say this as though it was a bad thing.  Sometimes I like the rain, and living here one can't exactly be shocked when it's pouring on you.

After drying off a bit (a lot), I decided that my stomach deserved a break, and that I should treat it to something new and exciting.  Senegalese Peanut Stew with Spinach and Sweet Potatoes.  It's a recipe from WW online, and I am shocked at it's deliciousness!  I will post the recipe tomorrow, so be on the lookout!

This morning I tried out another new recipe that I adore!  I will be making this on a very regular basis!  Good smoothies are sometimes hard to find, and this one takes the cake!

Strawberry Mango Smoothie
From Weight Watchers Online
Servings: 2
Points per serving: 3

  • 8 oz unsweetened frozen strawberries
  • 4 oz low fat vanilla yogurt
  • 1/2 cup mango fruit juice
  • 1 Tbsp honey
Place everything in a blender or food processor and blend on high until you get it where you want it!  SO EFFING GOOD!

I just got home from a walk in the Botanic Gardens with my friend Meg (it was so great and we got so sweaty!), and tonight I get to splurge at Curry Gardenn (yes, it has two "n"s) with Brian.  Butter Chicken and Paratha here I come!
Till next time...enjoy that smoothie!

No comments:

Post a Comment