Thursday, April 22, 2010

Yum Yum Yum Yum!

I had one hell of a weekend, to say the least.  Aside from the extreme party at the US Embassy on Friday night, hosted by the Marines, with numerous canned Bud Lights (so gross now that I drink Sapporo and Asahi constantly) and a double whammy of Jager Bombs, the weekend could be described as intense.  Saturday night we attended a friend's Fondue Party, only after I hosted pre-drinks and an assortment of dips (including a hummus recipe which I proudly perfected) at my place.  Needless to say I was feeling like a fatty times seven when I woke up on Sunday morning!

I then proceeded to make Egg McSarah's...English muffin, topped with scrambled eggs, a slice of SmartBeat American (if you happen to be lactose intollerant), and one MorningStar Farms "sausage" pattie.  A whopping 7 points and worth every single bite!  Brian got real bacon, but I'm not complaining.

We spent the rest of the afternoon walking and sweating out the previous night's food and drink intake at the Japanese and Chinese Gardens.  I had never been, and it was fabulous!
Me and Brian at the top of the pagoda in the Chinese Gardens

That night I tried out Zucchini Casserole, which was a huge hit!  Brian doesn't usually comment on my food without me prying for his opinion.  That night, mid-bite, he looked over and said, "This stuff is friggin' good, baby!"


We also chowed down on some Cuban Beef Picadillo and a failed attempt at Italian and Greek style tomatoes.  Once I've got those where I want 'em I'll post the recipe for your enjoyment!

This is me slaving in the kitchen (still sweaty from the gardens) to make the picadillo.

And this is the finished product! 

All said and done I managed to maintain 135.5 - despite the weekend extravagance.  And of course this week I have the appetite of a horse and Cold Storage has Reduced Fat Wheat Thins.  Dear God, those are totally my weakness.  Well, that and anything delicious.  I also splurged on the Snack Packs, but went ahead with the Fat Free Chocolate just to be safe.  Ahh hell, I got the Triple Layer Chocolate Caramel ones too.

Keep your fingers crossed for next Tuesday morning's weigh-in.  Only 14 days until Phuket and I'm starting to freak out...mega time!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why I've never seen the Zucchini Casserole! I think we might need to try that.

    I've LITERALLY officially started my weight loss process. You and Henry are like the only ones that know :). I'm shooting for 25 lbs of weight loss. Here we go!

    P.S. You look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweaty is the new sexy. you're looking good girl.

    ReplyDelete